The Toddler Years
One of the most adorable – albeit exhausting – stages of a child’s life is the toddler stage. That one-to-three range usually means a lot of messing around, running around, and fussing around. Regardless, it could either spell blaster (yahoo!) or disaster – or both – to moms and caregivers.
Being a crucial stage for the toddler’s physical, mental, social and emotional development, toddlerhood sets the stage for a lifelong journey that would establish your child’s personal foundation. Make it remarkable! After they spend the day doing all sorts of crazy toddler things, always see to it that they get their much needed rest.
Kinder Fluff is your very own mom and baby friendly baby product brand and caring is our specialty. We specialize in a line of toddler pillows that will ensure your child’s good night/day sleep. The materials we use for every premium grade, quality tested pillows are safely guaranteed and were processed without harmful chemicals. Each is guaranteed dust mite free, allergen combating and hypoallergenic. Its high thread count sees to it that no fill gets out that can possibly obstruct your child’s breathing.
How Do We Choose the Best Toddler Pillow
Evaluate whether your toddler is ready to use a pillow.
Do not use pillows in cribs, where they can be a suffocation hazard. The best time to introduce your toddler to a pillow is when the child begins sleeping in a bed. Once a child’s shoulders are wider than the head, the child usually will be more comfortable sleeping with a pillow.
Observe signs that your toddler is ready to use a pillow. The child may rest the head on a stuffed animal or blanket, or lay down on a pillow in an older sibling’s room.
Select a pillow with firm and comfortable support.
Press in the middle of the pillow to evaluate how quickly it regains its shape. If the pillow does not move (or moves only slightly) when you press it, it is too soft and unsafe for toddler use. If the pillow takes several minutes to regain its shape, it may be too firm and uncomfortable for your child.
Determine which size is most appropriate for your toddler.
Toddler pillows are smaller than standard pillows, with dimensions around 13 inches by 18 inches and a thickness of about 2 to 3 inches . The pillows also are firmer than typical adult-sized pillows.
Assess the content of the pillow.
Pillows can be filled with natural or synthetic materials. Opt for 100% polyester non-allergenic Polyfill to avoid potential allergic reactions. Polyester, a synthetic fiber made up of three-dimensional clusters, is allergy and odor free. Polyester is more durable and holds it shape longer than natural fibers. Choose 100% cotton shell with high Thread Count. The higher the thread count, the softer the fabric . Opt for 230 Thread count or higher. Avoid feather or down pillows because they are typically too soft and unsafe for toddler use. They can also contribute to allergies.
Purchase your toddler pillow.
Toddler pillows are available at retail stores and online.
All Kinder Fluff toddler pillows are made in the USA and have light to medium fill to ensure your child sleeps with the correct angle on the neck area and therefore wakes up a well-rested, happy baby.
Our original and hypoallergenic high quality toddler pillows are made with 100% polyester cluster fiber covered by 100% high quality cotton (T240 Thread Count).
Having the Perfect size (13”×18”) and thickness, Kinder Fluff offers the optimum comfort and support for your toddler and is recommended for children ages 2 and above.
What others are saying
- I have a toddler in the family now about a year and three months old. I wanted a pillow that was made for a toddler as I heard that adult size pillows are not good for a toddler. I love this pillow and so does she! It is the perfect size for her. Very soft and yet firm too to give her head and neck support. Made in the USA! It is hypoallergenic as well as machine washable! She loves her new pillow and seems to sleep better too! What a wonderful product! I show here in the video this wonderful pillow!Bob F.Rank: 1808
- When this arrived, my toddler was so excited for a "me size" pillow that we had an impromptu bedtime immediately on the living room floor. Huge success. Pillow is soft, and I washed and tumble dried on day 2 (because we couldn't pry it from toddlers arms on day 1) without any problem.BRank: 716,713
- We used the pillow for RV travel and even an adult felt so comfy with this pillow. Bought 4 total, 2 for my sons and one for me and my husband. We drove from Florida to Virginia beach.Rhoda Javier
- I have nothing but good things to say about Kinderfluff's toddler pillow. It arrived quickly, well packaged, and as described. I was a bit wary at first about the listing stating that no pillowcase was needed, but once I opened it and felt how soft it was, I was not as concerned. Next step was seeing how it held up after washing! Following the recommendations, before putting it on my child's bed, I washed the pillow in our washing machine (gentle cycle, cold water), and tumbled dry in our dryer (lowest setting). I was pleased to see that it held up perfectly and retained its shape after washing and drying. My favorite part was introducing the pillow to my young child (3 years old). He was so excited to see a pillow sized just for him! He has slept with it every night since, and whenever it gets dirty or needs freshened up, I will wash it in our machine again! We currently do not use a pillowcase for it, but may in future if my son sees one he likes. I definitely recommend this pillow for young children without hesitation. Honestly, this pillow can be used by all ages for many purposes. Thank you for a great product! This product was made available to me for free or at a discount. However, the thoughts and experiences expressed here are genuine and 100% my own. As a fellow consumer, I rely on heavily on reviews before making purchases myself, so I try to be as thorough and helpful as possible. I am never paid or compensated to provide a review, and my opinions are not influenced in any way by the discount I received.ShopperCoyRank: 117,224
- I ordered this little toddler pillow for my daughter. It is just perfect for her, it is so light and fluffy and very very soft. she loves it almost as much as her blankies and even carries it around with her sometimes. It says you don't need a pillow case, but we did put one on hers just because we had one that matched her bedding. She always falls asleep on her pillow now. She didn't previously use a pillow since she was in a crib before, but we ordered her this when she transitioned to a toddler bed. I would definitely choose this one again. I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. All words and opinions were completely my own.Noelle
- This is our second Kinder Fluff pillow - my 2 year old has been using a pillow since he was about 18 months old when we put him in his big boy bed. We bought this one and another brand together to try both out. We use one at home and one at daycare, and wash them once a week. I decided to add another one to the rotation and ended up going with the Kinder Fluff again. It seems to have held up a little better. Though it says you don't need a pillow case, my son actually wants one like mommy and daddy use! I sewed a few Kinder Fluff-sized ones out of sheets, and I do like the extra bit of protection from the elements. Plus it's great to slip his blanket into when on the go. My son definitely seems to sleep better with this pillow because it keeps his head more level and he just loves to snuggle, so it's great for that. It's also great for crying!! Ha ha! When my son is verklempt, he will run to his bed and have a good cry in his pillow. Perfect! But seriously, I love that he looks at it as a comforting object. I definitely think he feels more "grown up" using it, and we have had no issues with it. He is a JJ Watt-sized 40 lb 2-year-old, and it still seems like the perfect size. The fluff has held up and we wash it weekly. We wash it with a regular load of clothes on delicate, then dry the pillows first by themselves with dryer balls on low. If they're still not done, we'll run them for a quick cycle on warm. So far, they have held up and it's been over 6 months. We will definitely repurchase, and already have!Elle, repeat customer
- Pillow was exactly as described. 13x18 inches, soft and fluffy, no pillowcase. Shipping was very quick.Peggy S.
- My wife and I love this product. Its made of great material, very comfy that even my four year old wants to use this little pillow. The description says it all, high quality toddler pillow and it comes in a real reasonable price. I have already recommended this product to a few of my friends (newly parent) and they are also satisfied with this product.Marco Esquivias
- I love these pillows for toddlers in my daycare. They are just the right size! They are soft and not too firm. I love that there is no pillowcase is needed and that they are washable. The toddlers love their new pillows.Lynn Dominguez
- Adults can use this, too. While this is sold for children, we're actually using it as hip support when sleeping on our stomachs, thus avoiding lower back pain. It works just great and I like that it doesn't need a pillowcase, which usually just gets wrapped around a pillow or slips off.SusanRank: 11,667
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: Like other synthetic fibers, polyester fibers are not attacked by bacteria or micro-organisms; they are also moth-proof and rot-proof and are inherently resistant to the growth of mildew and mold. To top that, we use a HIGH thread count cotton case which will prevent impurities from going in (such as skin cells every human sheds and regrows regularly and can be the perfect food for dust mites) while allowing air circulation. Plus our cotton fabric releases dirt easily when wet and is fully machine-washable and can withstand as many washings as needed.
A: Toddler pillows are smaller than standard pillows, with dimensions around 13 inches by 18 inches. The smaller size eliminates the excess fabric that may be a suffocation hazard. It also allows more portability as it allows the toddlers to easily carry them around. Some customers find it perfect for their toddlers transitioning from crib to bed. The size is just about right to fit into cribs. However, it is best to consult the pediatrician whether it is safe or not to introduce a pillow into the crib. The pillows are also firmer than typical adult-sized pillows. Avoid king, queen and euro-sized pillows. Their large sizes make them unsafe for toddler use.
A: You don’t need a pillow case since these pillows are very soft due to high thread count and they are also machine washable . But if you like, you can also just use a regular pillow case. Insert the length of this pillow to the width of an adult pillow case, and roll the extra underneath. It fits quite nicely. We suggest bring your kid to the store and let him/her pick a pillow case design that she/he likes. A pillow is a personal thing and giving the option of choosing their own pillow case is a baby step towards nurturing their own sense of independence. Hope this helps.
A: Polyester is a synthetic fiber made up of three-dimensional clusters. It prevents allergy and is practically odor free. Polyester is more durable and holds the shape longer than natural fibers. Avoid feather or down pillows because they are typically too soft and unsafe for toddler use. They may also trigger annoying and potentially lethal allergic reactions.
A: Your Kinder Fluff Pillow is perfectly designed to withstand the fabric stress that comes with machine washing and drying. Unlike ordinary pillows that goes lumpy even after two washes, these pillows will stay fluffy for longer enjoyment and longer use.
Kinder Fluff Blog
Another great product by Sedimor Inc. is the answer to all your toddler issues. why? because we give our customers more than just a pillow. We give them tons of helpful information any parent needs to know!Visit the Kinder Fluff Blog Now!